Contract: Permanent contract
- Partners with business leaders to understand their needs, and works to ensure network, endpoint, and server/storage investments are properly prioritized, scoped, delivered and managed in support of business requirements.
- Working within IT, leads the technical delivery of solutions approved within the IT portfolio around network and infrastructure investments (Firewalls, Switches, Laptops, Servers, Systems Software, Cloud Infrastructure, Cloud Backup Services, and related security).
- Participates in the identification of partner vendors and successfully rolls out services in support of Sangamo’s Network, Server, and Storage Infrastructure environment.
- Leverages existing IT capabilities and vendor support structures to manage requisite operations related to network / infrastructure monitoring, management, and cloud services security.
- Helps define key success metrics and supports policies & procedures to help measure and improve upon operations & support functions.
- Partners with the Validation / QA organization to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Provides input to network, desktop, and infrastructure-related cost estimates, budgets, and schedules.
- Represents the Sophia site to prepare and present project proposals to IT management and local business partners.
- Contributes to the evaluation / recommendation of new network / server / storage / cloud technologies or capabilities that can be applied across the business.
- Leads the way to ensure local server and storage infrastructure life cycle documentation is up to date.
- Conducts ongoing research into industry and technology trends. Evaluates, summarizes and presents key trends with potential to impact IT capabilities.
- Partners with 3rd party vendors to understand and plan for technology roadmaps and support services.
- Oversees quality delivery of IT operational services from Managed Service Providers to ensure the efficient operation of the site
- ERP implementation
- Ability to work directly with business partners and end users to generate consensus around technical directions.
- Ability to analyze complex business problems and evaluate solutions.
- Ability to translate complex technical issues into business terms.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and business partnering skills.
- Strategic mindset with strong analytical foundation.
- Ability to drive continuous improvement across the organization.
- Ability to facilitate and resolve conflicts at both the senior and staff level.
- Ability to operate in a cross-functional / matrix environment.
- Broad IT Network / Infrastructure management experience required (particular emphasis in the Life Sciences industry is a plus)
- Experience with the use of SDLC methodologies in project delivery required.
- Understanding of SOX and GxP controls is required (experience in an FDA-regulated environment is a plus)
- Experience managing network and server/storage infrastructure and solutions supporting a remote workforce within the Life Sciences industry required.
- Experience with the implementation, integration, management, and support of hybrid environments where both SaaS solutions and cloud-based infrastructure are incorporated is required.
- Experience with Cisco/Meraki-based network and Windows/Linux-based on-premise infrastructure is required, experience with cloud-based infrastructure (Microsoft Azure & Amazon AWS) is strongly desired.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- 5+ years’ work experience, including at least 1-2 years in an operations lead role
- Fluent communicating in English and French within a work environment.
Published on September 24, 2018